Timber Single Sign-On (SSO) Integration
Every campus has a portal where Students and Faculty login to view their resources, schedules, news, etc. With the addition of a new module, your Timber website will integrate with your Campus Network.
No matter what device they use (or where they are physically located), when Students and Faculty are signed-in to your Campus Network, they will also be signed-in to your Timber website.
How does the SSO Integration make your job easier?
- Provides a seamless experience for students, as the bookstore’s website becomes “just another Campus resource”.
- Eliminates customer confusion about usernames/passwords (which are no longer needed)
- Eliminates Textbook Fraud
- The Student e-Mail address and ID are auto-filled on the Checkout page
- The previous order-history will be preserved with their existing Bookstore/Timber account
Customers without a Campus login (parents/alumni/fans) can still use the site as they currently do.
For Bookstores that process Faculty/Department orders, your website will recognize Faculty too! Their orders can be processed as reservations, rather than forcing them to make a credit-card or FA payment.
What are the costs?
- There is a one-time installation fee of $760. We based this on an average setup time of about eight hours.
- There is a $10 monthly cost, as the app requires us to set up (and maintain) a separate server to support your site’s SSO login requests.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.