You can grant permissions so that any user can manage the adoptions in a Section, Course, or Department.
First, click on the Faculty Permissions tab and bring a Term/Department into focus.
Bringing a Term and Department into Focus
- Use the TERM and DEPT autocomplete fields to navigate to your Section.
- Try typing a few letters like "Fall" or "2021" into the Term field. It will suggest some options to you.
- Then start typing your DEPT name and click on your Department Name
Selecting a Course and Section
- In the main Body of the page, you will see your Department listed with all its Courses. Locate a course to work with, and expand it by clicking its "plus" icon.
- Inside the expanded Course, you will see Sections and Instructors listed. Click "Edit Permisssions" next to any instructor to change the permissions for that section.
- In the "Edit Section Permissions" popup you will see Instructors who can manage the Section. You will also find Co-Instructors, Course Managers, and Department (or Academic) Managers.
- Course Managers have permission to manage any Section in this Course
- Department Managers have permission to manage any Section in the entire Department
Granting Permissions to Additional Users
- In the "Edit Section Permissions" popup (from the previous step), enter a few letters of the username into the Add Faculty autocomplete field.
- When their name appears, click on it. Then click any of the three checkboxes to grant them the corresponding permission.
- When finished, click the Close button